Onboarding: Power-Up Productivity and Engagement
HRCI Category: HR/General | Credits: 3 | $40
You will receive HRCI recertification credits AND SHRM PDC’s
What is new employee onboarding and how does it differ from orientation? How can investment of time and money into such a program improve your organization? A successful employee onboarding process can reduce new hire turnover and significantly increase productivity. This course introduces the concept of employee onboarding and demonstrates that it’s a wise investment if properly executed. We will discuss the key elements of an effective onboarding process, and explain how onboarding is different from traditional orientation. Rather than being an event, onboarding becomes an ongoing process that can last up to a year. During this time, employees have a greater chance of becoming assimilated into the organization, and will become more productive in a quicker period of time than with orientation alone.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Distinguish between employee orientation and onboarding.
- Identify the key areas of focus for an onboarding program that facilitates productivity and engagement.
- Identify the unique needs of leaders in onboarding and use a framework for designing an effective program.
You’ll Receive these Valuable Tools
- 60-Day New Employee Survey
- New Team Member Checklist
- Talking Points on Debriefing Meetings
- New Manager Assimilation Exercise