HR Data Analyst Sample Job Description
Analyzes employee related data such as personal information, professional background and compensation matters. … Interprets data to assist in planning and developing human resource management decisions used for staffing, productivity and training.
Get 51 Free Job Descriptions
Working in close collaboration with the Technology, Payroll, Organizational Development, and HR functions, to ensure the effective administration of the Oracle HR system. Ensures data integrity and efficient processing of human resource information as well as troubleshooting and systems maintenance. Provides assistance during implementation of system applications and coordinates integration of employee data during mergers and acquisitions. Identifies opportunities for enhancing business operations through better utilization of technology redesign.
Gathers, models and transforms data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision making. Provides insight and analysis of the data and reporting in the form of proposals and presentations as requested
Job Results, Essential Functions & Measures of Success
OD/HR Insights as the Result of Data Analysis
- Develops and provides data retrieval and report writing expertise to produce employee, applicant and/or recruitment information for analysis, decision making, statistical data, EEO reporting, etc.
- Provides the business with the systems and analytics related to HR activities such as talent management, work force planning, metrics/dashboard, etc.) Ensures that required administration of systems and processes are completed with accuracy and a sense of urgency (responsiveness is critical).
- Analyzes and reports on personnel data in areas such as advancement rates, performance statistics and compensation. This includes exporting, compiling and manipulating data, and summarizing results in various formats, ranging from simple oral explanations to larger presentations.
- Identifies management-reporting opportunities; creates reports and trains/coaches the HR team in developing customized reports as needed.
Measures of Success
Partners say that:
- Reporting environment is established and maintained that is user friendly, and efficient.
- Users of the reports can’t find any errors
- Preparer is able to explain how any data and conclusions were arrived at
- Reports are completed by set dates.
- Reports/analyses logically state the issues and reach conclusions that are supported by the data and analyses.
- They can use the information
- The analyst made meaningful contributions.
System Responsive to Changing Business Needs
- Facilitates the development of better, faster, more efficient ways of doing business unit tasks as well as eliminates unnecessary work and all non-value-added activities to enable the department to focus on work that generates greater value.
- Ensures data structures are defined, capable of modifications, with definitional integrity
- Ensures all relevant data collection systems are scalable and portable.
- Evaluates, recommends, plans, tests and participates in implementation of upgrades to existing HR systems or new systems.
- Serves as liaison with Technology staff and external vendors to develop and/or implement applications and resolve programming or systems related problems.
- Researches, recommends, and implements HR/IS enhancements or other software applications that would improve the flow of data or the functioning of major HR work processes.
- Collaborates with the HR staff, IT, and other organizational functions to improve existing tools and automate standardized reporting (e.g., quarterly people metrics).
- Participates in cross-functional teams to implement bolt-on applications to Oracle HR including construction and alignment of organizational processes to ensure optimal functionality.
- Establishes measures in collaboration with business unit leadership, and sets targets to improve process effectiveness, efficiency, and adaptability.
Measures of Success
- Portion of HR technology cluster tools implemented within scheduled timeframe.
- HR/IS end-users are able to demonstrate competent utilization of routine system features.
- Systems problems impacting utilization are resolved on a timely basis.
- An auditing system exists that will ensure that all steps and procedures are done in accordance with legal and company policies. Any deviations found are defensible, or corrective actions are taken immediately.
- User perception of availability and effectiveness of user training
HR/OD Team Adoption of New Technology
- Works with the business unit to identify how utilization of technology can increase efficiency and effectiveness. Determines valuable data elements to be captured.
- Participates in process reengineering efforts to persuade individuals to readily adopt new and existing technology for the purpose of performance improvement.
- Continuously demonstrates the efficiency and effectiveness of technology in improving organizational performance through delivery of integrated and accurate data management systems.
- Ensures the timely development and implementation of user training programs as required.
- Provides coaching and mentoring support on using the applications to staff.
Measures of Success
- Time (days/months) for new technology implementations to realize their intended potential.
- HR/OD team's understanding of and willingness to champion new technology that will provide the organization with competitive advantage.
- 75% annual increase in staff effective utilization of technology.
System Documentation & Data Integrity
- Conducts audits of HR database to ensure accuracy of data.
- Maintains documentation of changes made to user requirements and reports.
- Maintains, develops and revises all manuals, tables, and documentation for HR systems.
- Supports M&A activity, including the collection and integration of employee data.
- Works in conjunction with the Director HR Operations, Technology and the Payroll Manager to work out data creation and distribution rules (e.g. pension calculations, time off, pay, etc.)
Measures of Success
- New methods of using the system to enhance process are evaluated effectively
- Ease of implementation is appropriate (user acceptance)
- % achievement of annual goals regarding process improvement/efficiency
- Documentation exists and is easily accessible
- Documentation is updated on a timely basis.
Provides a consistent focus on serving the needs, concerns, and objectives of partners by working closely with end-users to understand their key business processes; integrating information from all sources, and translating them into a clearly defined, user appropriate data system. Ensures that the customer is being served through facilitation and consultation (in other words teaching them to use systems/processes vs. doing it for them). Able to present a compelling business case that persuades groups and individuals to readily adopt new and existing technology for the purpose of performance improvement. Convinces people to overcome their personal and organizational biases in adoption of technology; avoids “not the way we do it here” thinking.
Develops definitions and processes that support future growth—both organic and acquisitions. Identifies the true problem vs. the presenting problem and connects needs and resources in a way that is sufficiently comprehensive and integrated to ensure long-term desired results (avoids “band-aids). Develops practical processes that support operational and strategic data integrity, consistency, and are adaptable and scalable to changing needs.
Demonstrates systems thinking skills, with a strong background in data gathering, analysis and intervention. Develops data to identify trends, patterns, issues and opportunities that impact the business over long periods of time. Ability to identify the true problem vs. the presenting problem; as well as the ability to implement the appropriate intervention to address its resolution. Looks beyond the obvious to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Separates and combines tasks into efficient work flow. Simplifies complex processes. Gets more out of limited resources. Leverages technology to generate results with a high degree of efficiency.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Requires 3 years of applicable experience working with a HRIS. Oracle experience preferred. Three years’ experience running reports out of a HRIS and providing insights as a result of data analysis.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills as evidenced by the ability to perform all of the basic functions as well as create moderately complex documents containing tables and graphs, and ability to mail merge documents, apply page setup functions (margins, page numbers, footers, headers), create an index and/or table of contents, use search & replace, print labels and envelopes.
- Advanced Excel skills as evidenced by the ability to perform all of the basic and intermediate functions as well as the ability to enter and edit complex formulas, filter lists, sort ranges, create and run macros, and use data analysis tools (pivot tables, scenarios, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential material discreetly
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Has a strong understanding of Human Resource functions and processes in order to work closely with HR/OD Staff to meet their needs in a timely manner
- Understands the business processes, how the application supports the business processes, and applies this knowledge to best solve problems.
GET 51 FREE Game-Changing Job Descriptions
Results-focused job descriptions are crucial for clarifying roles and expectations and are an integral part of creating high-performance organizations. This FREE e-book from Transformation Solutions provides the tools you need to write your own winning job descriptions plus 51 practical examples!
Get My Free E-Book