Program Manager Sample Job Description
Program manager responsibilities include governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization, tracking, finances, infrastructure, planning, and improvement. Program managers routinely provide supervision of a project or multiple projects to achieve a corporate vision.
Responsible for effectively planning, directing and coordinating all activities of assigned Programs, through a combination of direct effort and utilizing resources from Sales & Marketing, Product Management, R&D, Validation, Customer Care, and Manufacturing. Leads, manages, drives, and motivates all of these functional groups within the organization from initial estimation through sustaining support of a program. Ensures all projects in a program successfully integrate to meet the requirements and functionality specified. Communicates program status, program readiness, and technical issues and risks and their resolution across functional organizations, including Senior Management. Works with Sales & Marketing to improve the opportunities for increasing revenue growth from NRE and sustaining support. Works with Product Manager to define and execute a product lifecycle strategy to increase the revenue stream generated by each product; as well as to resolve technical or product component issues.
Job Results, Essential Functions & Measures of Success
Customer Expectations Met
Measures of Success
Project Costs within Specs
Measures of Success
Exec Team Satisfaction with:
Critical Success Factors
Four year engineering degree, MBA preferred
10 years of relevant experience managing medium and large software/hardware engineering projects. Medical Imaging knowledge is a major plus
• Should be thoroughly familiar with program management including project financial management, proposal preparation experience, and contract negotiations.
• Must possess outstanding skills in full life cycle development process and proven track record in delivering products consistently.
• Must be a strategic thinker, goal/team oriented and possess a history of developing relationships in all areas of management.
• Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead a strong cast of cross-functional team leaders to achieve the highest team performance possible.
• He/she will be comfortable speaking and presenting their ideas to executives as well as customers.
• A self-starter who can work independently or in teams to accomplish tasks.
• Demonstrated understanding of hardware and software standards, configuration management, and technology initiatives
• Excellent analytical, people management, and communication skills are a must.