Property Manager Sample Job Description
Ensures properties are maintained in a safe and visually appealing manner.
Get 51 Free Job Descriptions
Responsible for directing all operations and providing hands-on services related to the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the facilities, equipment, grounds, machinery and maintenance operations. Directs the installation of new machinery and equipment. Also responsible for providing a safe, secure and clean environment for students, faculty and staff, and must be flexible and able to blend in with the need of other departments.
Job Results, Essential Functions & Measures of Success
Facility that Supports Operations
- Assures proper operation, service and maintenance of heating system, air conditioning, plumbing, water system, gas, electrical and mechanical.
- Assures proper repair and development of building carpentry, painting, plastering, and refinishing.
- Manages super clean schedule for their property.
- Implements work orders for facilities services they cannot directly provide and reports on satisfaction of the service provider (either internal or external).
- Conducts periodic assessments of property to proactively determine repairs/replacements.
- Ensures timely completion of work orders and effective communication on status to partners.
- Follows policies and procedures put in place by purchasing.
Measures of Success
- Work orders are completed on a timely basis
- Property issues are identified and reported in a timely manner
- Super clean schedule is up-to-date
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of each building’s status and both its short and long term needs.
- Understands each building’s purpose (e.g. characteristics of clients served and types of programs offered.)
- There are no deviations from purchasing policy without good reason.
- Number of disputes to work orders is within reason
- Creates an environment where departmental staff is an active, integrated, and supportive group to the campus.
- Manages employee performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Maintains work schedules/priorities
- Keeps the staff properly trained in all areas affecting their jobs.
- Ensures qualified, effective hires.
- Establishes measures and sets targets to improve process effectiveness, efficiency and adaptability.
Measures of Success
- Employees are meeting their performance standards.
- Tasks are delegated appropriate to employee skills and capabilities.
- Employee training is completed by agreed-upon dates.small>
- Feedback on their work is provided on a timely basis and often enough to keep them on track.
- Peers are satisfied that members of the team: know where they are working on, what they are supposed to accomplish and by when; as well as understand the priorities when they change.
- Aligned performance goals exist within department and strategically.
- Employees with written performance standards (%)
- Employee performance deficiencies addressed
- Annual review is on time (y-n) and appropriately reflects employee performance level
Physically & Environmentally Safe Facility
- Assures compliance with building codes, safety and environmental health requirements; work with appropriate departments to resolve safety, environmental, and workers' compensation issues.
- Coordinates after-hours access to the facilities. Manages all access to the facility, distributing, and collecting keys, and requests access codes for the security system, as needed. Responds to after-hours calls as assigned.
- Manages the external conditions around the facility to ensure organization maintains a positive relationship with the community (e.g. ensures that noise is abated, trees and other shrubbery on the line are maintained property, etc.).
- Provides notification as required to owners of adjoining property if any organizational maintenance is considered to be potentially disruptive.
Supervisor is satisfied that:
- No critical OSHA violations
- Satisfactory internal inspections and OCFS inspections
- No lost time injuries
- All assigned employees are able to locate the safety procedure or hazard assessment for their function, and perform their work in compliance with the procedures.
- Complaints from property owners are minimal
- Maintenance is undertaken with care and respect for the property of others
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline preferred
Four (4) or more years of related experience in facilities management, including supervisory experience
GET 51 FREE Game-Changing Job Descriptions
Results-focused job descriptions are crucial for clarifying roles and expectations and are an integral part of creating high-performance organizations. This FREE e-book from Transformation Solutions provides the tools you need to write your own winning job descriptions plus 51 practical examples!
Get My Free E-Book